Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Life is splendid

Splendid indeed! Hi everybody!!! This weekend I was fortunate enough to have Jamie Dougherty, the artist behind the Bloom Girls collection.  What an amazing and inspiring weekend we had at her workshop!
Since I was working all the behind the scenes involved in making a workshop happen I was absent from blogland.  But in the back of my brain were a couple of my favorite challenges I needed to tackle before the month finished.
Best way to do both was to combine them and here's what I came up with using Scrap Around the World mood board and Keren's sketch over at Prima BAP!

 I used the subtle background of Bella Rouge and I used the Bloom Spark stencil to follow the lines of Keren's sketch.  The mood board had some dreamy greens that I achieved using the new Prima watercolor The Basics, pencil #44.  Since there was an ethereal quality in the moodboard I decided to use vellum to stamp my Bloom Florals using white embossing powder and more of the green watercolor pencil again.  I only attached them in the center and stamped some more petals floating away.  For my title I used Anneli's sentiment ,also a Bloom Girl stamp ♥♥♥ and the new splatter stamp including the packaging which I used as my photo mat ;) love to recycle!!!
 I was also inspired by the braid on the photo so I braided some jute to frame my pic! and the rusty colors on the boat
 my sweet ethereal petals...
I loved that sweet Bloom metal clip, so I used it to grab my pic!
 

 
here's the beautiful and dreamy moodboard
 
And the fab BAP
February-sketch-2 Thanks for stopping by!!! Milagros

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Especially I like the colours!
    Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, I love it !! Thank you for playing at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable layout! I also love those soft colors! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Those petals are perfect thank you for joining in our challenge over at SATW xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So tender!! Love these petals!
    Thank you for playing with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along this month at SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete